My Little Gumnut Menstrual Pads
Outer = PUL (100% Polyester with Polyurethane Laminate)
Lining = Bamboo Charcoal Fleece (100% Bamboo)
Inner = 100% Microfibre
My Little Gumnut Reusable Cloth Menstrual Pads are a fantastic, eco-friendly alternative to disposable menstrual products and are a must-have for all women who are environmentally conscious and want to reduce their disposable waste.
The Reusable Menstrual Pads simply sit inside your underwear with snaps that fasten around your underwear to stop any movement. Use small Wet Bags to store used pads when out-and-about, simply fold them up, snap them closed (colourful side out, as pictured) and pop them in the Wet Bag until you get home. We recommend changing your pad every 3-6 hours depending on your flow.
Cloth Menstrual Pads are available in 4 sizes suitable for different flows and different stages of your period. All these cloth pads have a bamboo charcoal layer that sits against the skin and is designed to draw the wetness into the inner microfiber layers and way from the skin. They also have a waterproof outer layer to prevent any leakages. Our sizes are as follows:
- Light - suitable to use as a liner to manage spotting towards the end of your period, or to wear when expecting your period. These pads may also be used for heavy discharge, to manage incontinence postpartum and/or after intercourse. This pad is approx. 20cm long and has 2 layers of microfiber for absorbancy.
- Medium - suitable for day use during your cycle for low-medium flow. This pad is approx 24cm long and has 2 layers of microfiber for absorbancy.
- Heavy - suitable for day use during your cycle for heavy flow. This pad is approx 28cm long and has 3 layers of microfiber for absorbancy.
- Nighttime/Postpartum - suitable for very heavy flow, nighttime and or postpartum bleeding. This pad is approx 33cm long and has 4 layers of microfiber for absorbancy.
After use, follow these simple care instructions:
1. Rinse until water runs clear
2. Store in either a dry bucket or wet bag until ready to wash
3. Machine wash, either separately, with your clothes or with similar items (i.e. nappies)
4. Line dry in the sun.